[openstack-dev] [Fuel][docker] A FFE request for docker improvements for the 6.0.1 release

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobrelia at mirantis.com
Fri Mar 13 11:10:06 UTC 2015

Hello.

I'd like to request a FFE for Docker host networking improvements [0]
for the Fuel 6.0.1 feature freeze.

This is really important to have it implemented for the 6.0.1 release as
it would increase the overall user experience for deploying and scaling
Openstack environments and would drastically improve Docker
implementation, Fuel Master node upgrades story, and its overall
performance experience.

In order to make it happen, we should finish the merging of two
remaining patches [1], [2] for master branch and backport them for the
6.0.1.

The merging is currently blocked by CI issue [3] and we're expecting it
to be fixed after the devops version on CI nodes updated and the fix for
[3] applied. That should not take longer than a two work days.

[0]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/fuel-master-docker-host-networking
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/121559/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/146885/