[openstack-dev] A question on static routes on Neutron router

Maria Napierala mn1921 at att.com
Fri Mar 13 04:05:00 UTC 2015

> Yes, the extra routes extension allows IP addresses from any of the
networks connected to the router.
> I see in the code that send_redirects is set to 0 so it will not generate
ICMP redirect messages in the case you mentioned. I don't see anything
obviously preventing the forwarding to a next hop on the same subnet, but
you would have to try it out to be 100% sure.

60p5jsuXm+c at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Can a static/extra route on Neutron router point to an internal/tenant
subnet interface as the next-hop?
> If yes, can Neutron router forward packets received from a host on an
attached subnet and matching on a configured static route back to the same
subnet (to a different host)?