[openstack-dev] [cinder] cinder is broken until someone fixes the forking code

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 18:29:45 UTC 2015

Joshua Harlow <harlowja at outlook.com> wrote:

> I've also got the following up:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162781/
>
> Which tries the force file descriptors to be closed; although I'm unsure where the tempest results went (and am rechecking that); maybe it breaks so badly that tempest doesn't even run?

OK, I guess if the descriptors are closed then the pool, because we have a
lot of reconnection stuff set up in oslo.db, will figure it out, catch the
error, and try again, without actually propagating the error. So it would
sort of “fix” the problem, rather than fail hard. But Cinder should really
at least prevent against this whole condition from occurring anyway.