[openstack-dev] [stable] Icehouse 2014.1.4 freeze exceptions

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:21:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

next Icehouse stable point release 2014.1.4 has been slipping last few
weeks due to various gate issues, see "Recently closed" section in
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-tracker for details.
Branch looks good enough now to push the release tomorrow (Thursdays
are traditional release days) and I've put freeze -2s on the open
reviews.
I'm sorry about the short freeze period but branch was effectively
frozen last two weeks due to gate issues and further delay doesn't
make sense.
Attached is the output from the stable_freeze script for thawing after
tags are pushed.

At the same time I'd like to propose following freeze exceptions for
the review by stable-maint-core:

* https://review.openstack.org/144714 - Eventlet green threads not
released back to pool
  Justification: while not OSSA fix, it does have SecurityImpact tag

* https://review.openstack.org/163035 - [OSSA 2015-005] Websocket
Hijacking Vulnerability in Nova VNC Server (CVE-2015-0259)
  Justification: pending merge on master and juno

Cheers,
Alan