[openstack-dev] [nova] will instance action deprecate in feature

Qiao, Liyong liyong.qiao at intel.com
Wed Mar 11 07:57:29 UTC 2015

Hi all
will instance action deprecate in feature since we have notify mechanism now?
Currently, nova have instance action and instance event action to record specify actions performed on a instances.
For some enterprise user, they may need to compute the latency when they perform an action on an instance.

I check instance action only record the start time but no finish time. Instance action event have start time and finish time. But for 1 instance action , there may be several instance action event, so there is no necessary to check all instance action event, we only care about the action time itself, so a finished time is necessary to added into instance action.

I made a patch to add finish time of instance action in [1](but need to fix unit test issue), I wonder if it is worthy to
Spend time on debug unit test issue? Since I remember that instance action will be deprecated soon.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/162910

Best Regards,
Eli(Li Yong) Qiao.