[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Recent issues with our review workflow

Ryan Moe rmoe at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 10 23:36:12 UTC 2015

Here are some examples of proposing changes prior to being merged in master
[0][1][2][3][4]. [0] is a perfect example of why this isn't a good process.
A change was proposed to stable/6.0 before master was merged, and now the
change to master needs to be reworked based on review feedback. Premature
backporting just creates unnecessary additional work. I'd also like to give
a friendly reminder to make sure we maintain the Change-Id and author of
any change we backport.

The wiki [5] has also been updated to make this explicit.

[0]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/Ief8186006386af8ae7e40cffeeaeef5a5c0f3c70,n,z
[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I4c94bb03501f4238ead2378cf504485b7d67b236,n,z