[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Recent issues with our review workflow

Ryan Moe rmoe at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 9 17:21:49 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I've noticed a few times recently where reviews have been abandoned by
people who were not the original authors. These reviews were only days old
and there was no prior notice or discussion. This is both rude and
discouraging to contributors. Reasons for abandoning should be discussed on
the review and/or in email before any action is taken.

I would also like to talk about issues with our backporting procedure [0].
Over the past few weeks I've seen changes proposed to stable branches
before the change in master was merged. This serves no purpose other than
to increase our workload. We also run the risk of inconsistency between the
same commit on master and stable branches. Please, do not propose backports
until the change has been merged to master.

[0]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/How_to_contribute#Backport_bugfixes_to_stable_release_series

Thanks,
Ryan