[openstack-dev] HTTPD Config

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 16:08:44 UTC 2015

On 03/06/2015 02:37 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 05/03/15 19:49, Adam Young wrote:
>
>> I'd like to drop port 5000 all-together, as we are using a port assigned
>> to a different service.  35357 is also problematic as it is in the
>> middle of the Ephemeral range.  Since we are  talking about running
>> everything in one web server anywya, using port 80/443 for all web stuff
>> is the right approach.
> I have thought about this as well. The issue here is, URLs for keystone
> and horizon will probably clash.
> (is https://server/api/... a keystone or a call for horizon).
>
> No matter what we do in devstack, this is something, horizon and
> keystone devs need to fix first. E.g. in Horizon, we still discover hard
> coded URLs here and there. To catch that kind of things, I had a patch
> up for review, to easily configure moving Horizon from using http server
> root to something different.
Link?

> I would expect the same thing for keystone, too.
Keystone is pretty well set to be moved around.  The way the URLs are
built are already hierarchical, and so there should be no problem.
Other services might be a different story.

OK, lets assume we fix the bugs we catch.  How doe we cleanly put all of
the horizon stuff in its own config section so we can make it work
beside a Keystone server.  I can see a desire to use Virtual hosts for
hostsnames in some deployments, so that they could be later split up,.
Example,  keystone.younglogic.net  and horizon.younglogic.net could
start on the same server, and be different servers in the future.

And then there is the devstack approach of  doing everything with IP
addresses.

So I think the goal is to make it possible to wrap the config in a
virtual host, but not required.  I think we should focus on Location
tags for the major chunks of configuration.