[openstack-dev] removal of v3 in tree testing

GHANSHYAM MANN ghanshyammann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 00:48:11 UTC 2015

Hi Sean,

Yes having V3 directory/file names is very confusing now.

But current v3 sample tests cases tests v2.1 plugins. As /v3 url is
redirected to v21 plugins, v3 sample tests make call through v3 url and
test v2.1 plugins.

I think we can start cleaning up the *v3* from everywhere and change it to
v2.1 or much appropriate name.

To cleanup the same from sample files, I was planning to rearrange sample
files structure. Please check if that direction looks good (still need to
release patch for directory restructure)

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:sample_files_structure,n,z

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 11:06 PM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> I have proposed the following patch series to remove the API v3 direct

testing in tree -

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:rm_v3_paste,n,z

> This also removes the /v3 entry from the paste.ini that we ship. I think

it's important that we remove that before kilo releases as I believe it

continues to confuse people.

> This also drops the functional test runs by about 50% in time.

> I couldn't think of a reason why we still needed this, but if someone

does, please speak up.

>         -Sean

> --

Sean Dague