[openstack-dev] [Manila] Ceph native driver for manila

Csaba Henk chenk at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 14:18:20 UTC 2015

Hi Danny,

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Danny Al-Gaaf" <danny.al-gaaf at bisect.de>

That "only" seems to be a biggie, isn't it?

We -- Red Hat -- considered a similar, virtfs based driver for GlusterFS
but we dropped that plan exactly for virtfs being abandonware.

As far as I know it was meant to be a research project, and providing
a fairly well working POC it was concluded -- but Deepak knows more of
the story.

What's your take on it? I'm really curious if there is any chance for
a positive answer.

Cheers,
Csaba