[openstack-dev] auto-abandon changesets considered harmful (was Re: [stable][all] Revisiting the 6 month release cycle [metrics])

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:46:04 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Kuvaja, Erno <kuvaja at hp.com> wrote:

> [...]

​Should we just rename this thread to "Sensitivity training for
contributors"?

Way back some number of posts ago I felt that a good compromise was keep
the auto-abandon and add a comment (I still feel that way).  But it seems
folks that are concerned about "feelings" don't want a compromise.

Since then the thread has turned into "What about the poor contributor that
doesn't know how to use email, IRC or look at his/her patch any more"?
Well, I guess they're out of luck; and honestly if this makes somebody have
hurt feelings and crushes their spirit they're not going make it very long
in the OpenStack community anyway, not to mention life.​  At your employer
do you get assigned a task, do part of it then just let it sit and consider
it done?

We auto-abandon stuff, it's part of a process as far as I'm concerned
everybody should get over it and just move on.  Maybe go update your patch
that's been sitting idle for a week instead dealing with this thread, or
maybe go do a review; I probably could/should have done a few myself
instead of writing this silly response.