[openstack-dev] [Devstack] Can't start service nova-novncproxy

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Sun Mar 1 16:15:41 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 06:20:54AM +0000, Li, Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install a fresh all-in-one openstack environment by devstack.
> After the installation, all services looks well, but I can't open instance console in Horizon.
>
> I did a little check, and found service nova-novncproxy was not started !

What do you see in your 'screen-n-vnc.log' (I guess) log?

I don't normally run Horizon or nova-vncproxy (only n-cpu, n-sch,
n-cond), these are the ENABLED_SERVICES in my minimal DevStack config
(Nova, Neutron, Keystone and Glance):

    ENABLED_SERVICES=g-api,g-reg,key,n-api,n-cpu,n-sch,n-cond,mysql,rabbit,dstat,quantum,q-svc,q-agt,q-dhcp,q-l3,q-meta

[1] https://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/openstack/2-minimal_devstack_localrc.conf

--
/kashyap