[openstack-dev] Heat: autoscaling across availability zones

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Sun Mar 1 03:56:11 UTC 2015

> From: Weidong Shao <weidongshao at gmail.com>
> Date: 02/28/2015 02:12 PM
> Subject: [openstack-dev] Heat: autoscaling across availability zones
>
> From the  heat template reference doc, it seems that auto-scaling
> across AZs is not supported.   Is there any blueprint or plan in
> adding this support?

Yes.  Here are some ways you can find that work:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/?searchtext=availabilityzone

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/message:availability+message:zone,n,z
includes some relevant answers; I have not yet figured out how to narrow
the query to match only items in the heat and heat-specs projects.

Subscribe to notifications from Gerrit about activity in the Heat project,
watch the email subject lines as they whizz by.

Regards,
Mike