[openstack-dev] Let's get rid of tablib and cliff-tablib

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Jun 29 09:03:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

cliff-tablib is used for the unit tests of things like
python-neutronclient. The annoying bit is that cliff-tablib depends on
tablib, which itself is a huge mess. It has loads of 3rd party embedded
packages and most of them aren't Python 3.x compatible.

I've seen that for python-openstackclient, recently, cliff-tablib was
added. Let's do the reverse, and remove cliff-tablib whenever possible.

If we really want to keep using cliff-tablib, then someone has to do the
work to port tablib to Python3 (good luck with that...).

Your thoughts anyone?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)