[openstack-dev] [neutron] QoS code sprint

Miguel Angel Ajo mangelajo at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 10:03:28 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,

     Next week, from Tue (Jul 29th) to Thu (Jun 2nd), a few of us will
be physically [1] attending the neutron QoS coding sprint in Ra'anana
(Israel) @ the Red Hat office.

     And a few others have expressed their will to join us remotely
(Thanks!!) :)

     I guess a reasonable format for the sprint is in the form of short
meetings followed by coding hours.

     We thought it was good to sync with others during the first day on
the neutron meeting (Tue / Jul 29th, 14:00 UTC #openstack-meeting) about
any progress, blockers or doubts, so we have requested a timeslot for it :)

      All the other days, we also plan to sync on #openstack-neutron @
~14:00 UTC with the remote participants.

TL;DR ...

     In an effort to collaborate I'm extending [1] to include the list
of patches we're working on,
please list any of them missing in there.

     Since we live in different timezones I believe we can let others
address small/nit/not big structural changes which may need discussion
by the people on other timezones, and we can use a locking mechanism
with the etherpad+#openstack-neutron to say who's working in a patch.

     By the way, I think the value of gathering is that we can all be
together to discuss and iterate very quickly, so during the Israel
working hours I believe we may (generally) prioritize the people
physically attending the sprint to work on patches to avoid blocking on
depending parts.

Thanks everybody, and sorry for the long message :)

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-liberty-qos-code-sprint