[openstack-dev] [cinder][stable] Cinder client broken in Juno

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 24 13:34:48 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-24 09:01:51 +0300 (+0300), Duncan Thomas wrote:
> The problem there is that it takes (significant) time for the connection
> attempt to time out - every cinder command taking several minutes is not
> acceptable.
[...]

Another silly idea from an end user of cinderclient here, but try
both in parallel and use whichever responds first (abandoning the
other connection attempt at that point)?

I just don't buy that we can consider new versions of the client
requiring existing deployments on still relevant releases to upgrade
to support it (either to a newer release, a patch, an additional
config option, some combination of the three). What we're going to
find instead is some (lots of?) providers updating their
documentation to tell users that they should stick with an older
cinderclient release indefinitely, and that's terrible from an
OpenStack interoperability standpoint.
--
Jeremy Stanley