[openstack-dev] [Manila] The methods of dealing with the extend share failure

Zhongjun (A) jun.zhongjun at huawei.com
Tue Jun 23 10:03:23 UTC 2015

I have a question about extend share error.
If extend share failed, the share status will change to ‘extending_error’. This share will not be used.
I don’t think this method is very appropriate. May be extend share failed should not affect share to use. We can prompt the user extend share fail, and not change the share status.  The share status is still ‘avalible’.

PS: A similar rationale applies to shrink share.