[openstack-dev] [Sahara] Difference between Sahara and CloudBrak

Chris Buccella chris.buccella at verilume.com
Thu Jun 18 03:29:57 UTC 2015

I tried (or tried to try) Cloudbreak recently, as I need to deploy a newer
version of HDP than Sahara supports.

The interface is slick, but lacks the ability to make some choices about
your OpenStack installation. The heat template the software generated
wouldn't work with my deployment, and there wasn't a way to fix it. I think
they are primarily targeting public cloud providers.

I see Sahara vs. CloudBreak like this:

Sahara - Hadoop distro agnostic deployment for OpenStack
CloudBreak - Cloud agnostic deployment of HDP

-Chris