[openstack-dev] [GBP][Heat] Group-based Policy plug-in for Heat

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 12:56:10 UTC 2015

Every day I get an email about broken dependencies for the group-based
policy Heat plugin in Fedora (openstack-heat-gbp), because the version
of Heat it depends on is capped. Two points:

1) Would whoever maintains that package (Bob?) please fix it :)

2) Why was this plugin not submitted to /contrib in the Heat repo so
that it could be continuously tested & maintained against the Heat code
base, thus avoiding any compatibility problems with future versions?
This is the entire reason we have /contrib. In fact, if you think the
resources are in close to their final form (i.e. the API is not super
experimental still), I think we may even be willing to accept them into
the main tree at this point.

cheers,
Zane.