[openstack-dev] Device {UUID}c not defined on plugin

Alvise Dorigo alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it
Tue Jun 16 13:30:05 UTC 2015

Hi
after a migration of Havana to IceHouse (using controller and network
services/agents on the same physical node, and using OVS/GRE) we started
facing some network-related problems (the internal tag of the element
shown by ovs-vsctl show was set to 4095, which is wrong AFAIK). At the
beginning the problems could be solved by just restarting the
openvswitch related agents (and openvswitch itself), or changing the tag
by hand; but now the networking definitely stopped working.

When we add a new router interface connected to a tenant lan, it is
created in "DOWN" state. The in the openvswitch-agent.log we see this
errore message:

2015-06-16 15:07:43.275 40708 WARNING
neutron.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent [-] Device
ba295e45-9a73-48c1-8864-a59edd5855dc not defined on plugin

and nothing more.

Any suggestion ?

thanks,

     Alvise