[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Meter rename discussion

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Fri Jun 12 08:14:06 UTC 2015

hi Edwin,

i added a comment to patch, maybe we don't need to do any search/replace at all

ie. if we have meter x.y that is renamed to meter y.z, if you search for either x.y or y.z, the results may contain samples with both names? and over time, it'll eventually just have the single name. the argument for that is that they already know what meter they are receiving since they specified it?

cheers,
gord