[openstack-dev] [Networking] Support for multiple gateways in neutron/nova-net subnets for provider networks

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 22:10:41 UTC 2015

What gateway address do you give to regular clients via dhcp when you have
multiple?

On Jun 11, 2015 12:29 PM, "Shraddha Pandhe" <spandhe.openstack at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Currently, the Subnets in Neutron and Nova-Network only support one
gateway. For provider networks in large data centers, quite often, the
architecture is such a way that multiple gateways are configured per
subnet. These multiple gateways are typically spread across backplanes so
that the production traffic can be load-balanced between backplanes.
> This is just my use case for supporting multiple gateways, but other
folks might have more use cases as well and also want to take the
community's opinion about this feature. Is this something that's going to
help a lot of users?
> I want to open up a discussion on this topic and figure out the best way
to handle this.
> 1. Should this be done in a same way as dns-nameserver, with a separate
table with two columns: gateway_ip, subnet_id.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1464361