[openstack-dev] [Neutron] API Extensions - Namespace URLs

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Tue Jun 9 20:12:07 UTC 2015

Jay is pretty much right.

In Neutron's case it is even more trivial. Somebody copied the extension
manager from Nova, and a sort of extension interface with this namespace.
And every neutron developer, including me felt compelled to filling that up
with something that resembled an XML namespace URI (which often resolve to
nowhere anyway).

I think a patch for blanking out those namespace is a great low hanging
fruit for new contributors.
But on the other hand I'm pretty sure Kevin is wiping them out as a part of
the Pecan refactor.

Salvatore