[openstack-dev] [packaging] Adding packaging as an OpenStack project

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Jun 8 16:06:39 UTC 2015

On 06/08/2015 05:29 PM, Neil Jerram wrote:
> On 04/06/15 22:54, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
>> The init scripts used to be hard to maintain because they were many, but
>> since Debian & Ubuntu are using automatic generation out of a tiny
>> template (with sysv-rc, systemd and upstart all supported), this is a
>> problem solved.
>
> Ooh, that sounds like something that my team would like to use.  Please
> could you point to more information about this tool?

Sure!

Note that I wrote it a few months ago, so it may have a bit outdated
information (like, there are bugs in the scripts in this blog entry
which have been fixed since), but the main principle remains:

http://thomas.goirand.fr/blog/?p=212

Otherwise, just download any Kilo server source package from Debian or
Ubuntu, and you'll see it in action (for example, Cinder, Nova...).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)