[openstack-dev] [app-catalog][infra] Stale entries

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Sat Jun 6 05:04:05 UTC 2015

+1 for the periodic job. I don't know how it fits to the current OpenStack
infrastructure, but we definitely need this. As I know there is a place for
3rd party gates and CI\CD systems, so probably, the best way to do this for
now, is to setup this externally to the OpenStack infra.

Thanks
Gosha

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Fox, Kevin M <Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov> wrote:

>  We already have one Glance image in the app catalog that is 404.
>
> Since the app catalog contains entries that are hosted outside of
> OpenStack, Gerrit hooks are not necessarily the right way to check that
> links still work, since they can break weeks/months later.
>
> We may need some kind of job that just runs periodically to check links
> are valid, keeps track of which are valid/invalid, and notifies the owners
> (via email?)
>
> Is there any infrastructure in place that could be used for this? Any
> other thoughts on how this situation might be improved?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Georgy Okrokvertskhov
Architect,