[openstack-dev] The Nova API in Kilo and Beyond

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jun 5 11:32:09 UTC 2015

One of the things we realized at the summit was that we'd been working
through a better future for the Nova API for the past 5 cycles, gotten
somewhere quite useful, but had really done a poor job on communicating
what was going on and why, and where things are headed next.

I've written a bunch of English to explain it (which should be on the
planet shortly as well) -
https://dague.net/2015/06/05/the-nova-api-in-kilo-and-beyond-2/ (with
lots of help from Ed Leaf, John Garbutt, and Matt Gillard on content and
copy editing).

Yes, this is one of those terrible mailing list posts that points people
to read a thing not on the list (I appologize). But at 2700 words, I
think you'll find it more comfortable to read not in email.

Discussion is welcome here for any comments folks have. Some details
were trimmed for the sake of it not being a 6000 word essay, and to make
it accessible to people that don't have a ton of Nova internals
knowledge. We'll do our best to field questions, all of which will be
integrated into the eventual dev ref version of this.

Thanks for your time,

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague