[openstack-dev] [packaging] Adding packaging as an OpenStack project

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Jun 3 18:07:27 UTC 2015

On 06/03/2015 03:57 PM, James Page wrote:
 > [...]
> After some discussion with Thomas on IRC, I think this is more than
> one effort; The skills and motivation for developers reviewing
> proposed packaging changes needs to be aligned IMO - so I think it
> makes sense to split the packaging teams between:
>
>   Debian/Ubuntu + derivatives
>   CentOS/Fedora/RHEL + derivatives

So, would this be two packaging teams - on DEB team and one RPM team?
How would those two teams collaborate - or is no collaboration needed?

Btw. I'd like to throw SUSE into the equation but since none of us
participated in the face to face meeting, we need some better
understanding how this could work.

How are you handling Debian and Ubuntu differences? How shall we handle
differences between RPM distros?

Andreas
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton,
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)