[openstack-dev] [qa] SafeConfigParser.write duplicates defaults: bug or feature?

Timur Nurlygayanov tnurlygayanov at mirantis.com
Wed Jun 3 08:28:33 UTC 2015

Hi David,

it looks like a bug for me (as a user) just because I don't want to get
'dirty' config in the result. And looks like it should be easy to fix, we
can just verify parameters from DEFAULT section and add them to the
specific section only if we need to set another value for this parameter.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 11:26 PM, David Kranz <dkranz at redhat.com> wrote:

> The verify_tempest_config script has an option to write a new conf file. I
> noticed that when you do this, the items in DEFAULT are duplicated in every
> section that is written. Looking at the source I can see why this happens.
> I guess it is not harmful but is this considered a bug in the write method?
>
>  -David

Timur,
Senior QA Engineer
OpenStack Projects