[openstack-dev] [puppet] openstacklib::db::sync proposal

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Tue Jun 2 17:05:43 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-02 12:41 PM, Yanis Guenane wrote:

> The openstacklib::db::sync[2] is currently only a wrapper around an exec
> that does the actual db sync, this allow to make any modification to the
> exec into a single place. The main advantage IMO is that a contributor
> is provided with the same experience as it is not the case today across
> all modules.

The amount of possible change to an exec resource is very limited. [1] I
don't see a value in this change which outweighs the code churn and
review load needed to put it in place. Unless we have real use cases or
outrageously genius feature to add to it, I'm not in favor of this change.

Furthermore, any change to the public interface of
openstacklib::db::sync would require changes across all our modules
anyway to benefit from this latest hypothetical feature. I think we are
starting to nitpick over as little "generic" code we could possibly find
to put in openstacklib.

[1] https://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/type.html#exec

--
Mathieu