[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:32:03 UTC 2015

> *Plan C* would be to just let projects tag stable point releases from
> time to time. That would solve all the original stated problems. And
> that would solve objections 2 and 3, which I think are the most valid ones.

and *Plan D* would be to start doing automatic per-project
micro-versions on each commit: e.g. 2015.1.N where N is increased on
each commit. There's just TBD item how to provide source tarballs for
this.
This would solve 3. reference points for OSSAs and relnotes.
Solution for 2. could be to add doc/source/release-notes.rst for each
project wishing to maintain it, docs are already published for each
branch e.g. http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/kilo/

Cheers,
Alan