[openstack-dev] [neutron] till when must code land to make it in liberty

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Fri Jul 31 13:47:25 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 6:29 AM, Andreas Scheuring <
scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> as there is no official feature freeze in neutron anymore, there still
> must be a cut off date or at least a cut off time frame for liberty
> code.
>
> Can anyone tell me when this is (round about)? Is this liberty-3?
>
> I wonder if it's still possible to propose a RFE and get it into
> liberty...

You are correct, we do not enforce deadlines anymore for specs/RFEs ([1],
second paragraph).

However, it's reasonable to assume the later you propose your RFE bug, the
less of a chance it has of making it. We do enforce the Feature Freeze [2],
which is the week of August 31 [3]. Thus, effectively you have 4 weeks to
submit patches for new features.

Thanks!
Kyle

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/policies/blueprints.html