[openstack-dev] [kolla] Mission change suggested by the TC for big tent

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Jul 29 20:23:36 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Steven Dake (stdake)'s message of 2015-07-29 20:07:26 +0000:
> Doug Hellman of the TC suggested we change the mission statement of Kolla to be a little less specific.  The new mission statement I submitted in the review is here Is basically cutting off the last part of the mission statement sentence:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/206789/
>
> If your a Kolla core eviewer, please vote –1 (indicating you are a core reviewer in the review) if you dislike this change and think we should strive to keep our mission unchanged.  If you don’t really have a strong preference, please abstain from voting as to not add non-useful information to the review.  Our core team knows what our true mission is and I don’t think Doug’s wording changes the mission significantly.

My intent is not to change it at all, but to remove the "marketing
fluff", to be consistent with the nature of the missions described
by most of the other projects.  By all means, hold to those other
ideals and goals, but in the project list we want the mission to
say what you're doing as clearly and concisely as possible.

Doug