[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Restrictions in Fuel API: nova-network

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 29 18:13:35 UTC 2015

I'm fine with removing the related code from Fuel then, but I'm not Ok with
introducing limitations code.

If we don't want to remove the code (and I believe we don't because of
backward compatibility reasons), then why don't we just add a warning that
this is deprecated / unsopported? And QA will not focus their efforts on
this then?

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM Sheena Gregson <sgregson at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> We restricted this because allowing nova-network to be used as an underlay
> for all possible combinations added QA time and effort to supporting a soon
> to be deprecated option.
>

> As nova-network is being deprecated upstream and will relatedly be
> deprecated in Fuel – AFAIK, there is a goal to deprecate nova-network
> entirely in Fuel 8.0 -  we should reduce the number of customers who are
> even able to use this as the networking underlay to only reflect customers
> who absolutely require it.
>

> There is not sufficient value in supporting nova-network for other use
> cases.

Mike Scherbakov
#mihgen