[openstack-dev] [Horizon][Trove] About Trove policies

Romain Hardouin romain.hardouin at cloudwatt.com
Wed Jul 29 13:33:13 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm currently working on two blueprints to improve the Trove support in Horizon:
1. blueprint trove-list-datastores-and-versions
2. blueprint datatable-column-level-policy-checks <-- needed by the first

When requesting Trove API to get datastore versions, the response contains more data if it's called with an admin context. I want to process/display these additionnal data in a DataTable with "admin only columns".

My first implementation was based on permission: process and show some columns only for an admin.
The feedbacks on gerrit suggest to use policies. So my current implementation is based on policies. As I said on gerrit, my concern is that there is no policy.json file in Trove.
Therefore I find a bit weird to have a trove_policy.json in Horizon.

I have several questions:
1. Is it planned to add policy file in Trove?
2. If not, should we keep trove_policy.json in Horizon?
3. If not, should we revert to permissions?

Links:
Patchsets for bp trove-list-datastores-and-versions: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/163196/
Patchsets for bp datatable-column-level-policy-checks: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/164010/

Thanks,