[openstack-dev] [glance] Removing python-swiftclient from requirements.txt

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jul 29 12:57:25 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-28 19:25:04 -0700 (-0700), Clay Gerrard wrote:
[...]
> I'd be more curious for the documentation if you have any idea where I
> might look for it?  Is this a feature of pkg_resources, distutils,
> setuptools, pbr?  What exactly does describing dependencies via this
> "extras" key afford?

(see example #6)

In short, the [extras] section of setup.cfg will be interpreted by
PBR if you're using it, or for non-PBR projects you can define an
extras_require dict in your setup.py instead.

> I'm not familiar with that syntax for pip or it's equivalent!  That sounds
> awesome!  Can you do like [extras:<pluginname>] in your setup.cfg and pip
> install project[<pluginname>] just works!?  OMGBBQ!
[...]

Close. See the example in the PBR documentation linked above (note
that the example for extra requirements is actually in the
environment markers section, which is hopefully only a mildly
confusing attempt to reduce duplication of examples).
--
Jeremy Stanley