[openstack-dev] Announcing HyperStack project

Peng Zhao peng at hyper.sh
Mon Jul 27 11:53:52 UTC 2015

Adrian and all,

I believe that Magnum and HyperStack are targeting at different problems, though it certainly makes sense to integrate HyperStack as a bay type in Magnum, which we would love to explore later. I've setup a separate project for HyperStack: https://launchpad.net/hyperstack. My apology for the confusion.

I understand the concern of duplicating Nova and others. But imagine a vision that application can seamlessly migrate or scale out/in between LXC-based private CaaS and Hypervisor-based public CaaS, without the need to pre-build a bay.

This ultimate portability & simplicity simply overweighs the rest!

HyperStack advocates the true multi-tenant, secure, public CaaS, which is really the first one and is built within OpenStack framework. I think HyperStack provides a seamless and probably the best path to upgrade to the container era.

For the team meeting, it is sometime very late for me (2am Beijing). I'll try to join more and look forward to speak with you and others in person.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding,
Peng