[openstack-dev] [Neutron][SFC] Wiki update - deleting old SFC API

Cathy Zhang Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com
Fri Jul 24 20:21:57 UTC 2015

Hi Paul,

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Carver [mailto:pcarver at paulcarver.us]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:46 PM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][SFC] Wiki update - deleting old SFC API

On a general topic of wiki cleanup, what's the preferred mechanism for
documenting APIs?

Wiki page [1] largely duplicates the content of the spec in [2]
I dislike duplication of information because it's likely to get out of
sync. I'd rather use hyperlinks whenever possible. However, linking to a
Gerrit review isn't the most end user friendly way of presenting an API.
One option is to link to the GitHub version of the rendered RST file [3]
but I'd like to know if there are any other preferred practices.

Cathy> Agree with you. Let's remove those duplicate sections and add the link to the rendered RST file [3] if there are no other preferred practices. Would you like to take care of this or I can clean this up?

Thanks,
Cathy

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/APIForServiceChaining
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/192933/