[openstack-dev] [neutron] why do we gate tempest using q-vpn not q-l3?

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri Jul 24 09:42:51 UTC 2015

On 07/23/2015 05:52 PM, Armando M. wrote:

> On 23 July 2015 at 05:25, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com
> <mailto:ihrachys at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've stumbled on this one. It turns out we gate neutron against
> openstack installation that runs vpn-agent instead of l3-agent [1].
> Is it really what we want to do? I would expect that gate validates
> l3 agent as is, as is usually found on usual installations that do
> not need vpn connections.
>

>> We run with q-fwaas as well (which then lead to [1] as command
>> line for the L3 agent execution). Same can be said for fwaas,
>> no?
>
>> [1] + setsid /usr/local/bin/neutron-vpn-agent --config-file
>> /etc/neutron/neutron.conf
>> --config-file=/etc/neutron/l3_agent.ini
>> --config-file=/etc/neutron/vpn_agent.ini --config-file
>> /etc/neutron/fwaas_driver.ini
>

> Or is it the neat way we make sure we don't break vpn-agent?
>

>> The tempest-full test suite used to exercise network core
>> capabilities as well as advanced services (with
>> test_vpnaas_extensions and test_fwaas_extensions), now that it
>> doesn't anymore [2] we could drop both, as coverage is ensured by
>> the neutron-dsvm-api job.

I will only note that it effectively disabled test coverage for stable
branches where we don't have those new jobs yet. Doug told in comments
we have a plan to introduce those back into stable branches in several
weeks, a month ago. I wonder whether we have anything reviewable to
make it happen.

I requested drop for advanced services from neutron tempest jobs:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/205473/

Ihar