[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Kuryr][kolla] - Bringing Dockers networking to Neutron

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 23 21:45:25 UTC 2015

> $ docker -d --kv-store=consul:localhost:8500 --
> label=com.docker.network.driver.kuryr.bind_interface=eth0 --
> label=com.docker.network.driver.kuryr.neutron_api=10.10.10.10

--label=com.docker.network.driver.kuryr.token=AUTH_tk713d067336d21348bcea1ab220965485

Toni, Why do you want to have this configuration parameters known to
docker? Docker uses a plugin through the libnetwork remote driver. What
that plugin does and how for example it gets to the Neutron server is what
the plugin has to deal with. No?

I can see some information regarding IP address management may be relevant
to docker and I see the use of labels but think other parameters should not
be of concern to docker.

You have referred to use of an authentication token. I think that is a
possible place were labels can be eventually used for identifying different
tenants/users but that requires a longer discussion.

Best,

Mohammad