[openstack-dev] [fuel] FF Exception request for Templates for Networking feature

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 23 18:18:06 UTC 2015

Looks like the only CLI part left: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/204321/,
and you guys did a great job finishing the other two.

Looks like we'd need to give FF exception, as this is essential feature.
It's glad that we merged all other thousands lines of code. This is the
most complex feature, and seems like the only small thing is left.

I'd like to hear feedback from Nailgun cores & fuel client SMEs. For me, it
seems it is lower risk, and patch is relatively small. How long would it
take to complete it? If it takes a couple of days, then it is fine. If it
is going to take week or two, then we will have to have it as a risk for
HCF deadline. Spending resources on features now, not on bugs, means less
quality or slip of the release.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 2:36 PM Aleksey Kasatkin <akasatkin at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Team,
>
> I would like to request an exception from the Feature Freeze for
> "Templates for Networking" feature [1].
>
> Exception is required for two CRs to python-fuelclient: [2],[3] and one CR
> to fuel-web (Nailgun): [4].
> These CRs are for adding ability to create/remove networks via API [4] and
> for supporting new API functionality via CLI.
> These patchsets are for adding new templates-related functionality and
> they do not change existing functionality.
> Patchsets [3],[4] are in deep review and they will hopefully be merged on
> Thursday.
>
> Please, respond if you have any questions or concerns related to this
> request.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/templates-for-networking
>
> --