[openstack-dev] [nova] Create a network filter

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 14:44:01 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm using OpenStack together with OpenDaylight to add a network awareness
feature to the scheduler.
I have 3 compute nodes (one of these is also the Openstack Controller)
connected by a openvswitch controlled by OpenDaylight.
What I would like to do is to write a filter to check if a link is up and
then assign weight acconding to the available bw (I think I will collect
this data by ODL and update an entry in a db).
For each host I have a management interface (eth0) and an interface
connected to the OVS switch to build the physical network (eth1).
Have you got any suggestion to check the link status?
I thought I can be inspired by the second script in this link
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17434079/python-check-to-see-if-host-is-connected-to-network
to verify if the iface is up and then check the connectivity but It has to
be run in the compute node and I don't know which IP address I could point
at.

Thank you

--
Silvia Fichera