[openstack-dev] [grenade] future direction on partial upgrade support

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jul 22 14:41:41 UTC 2015

On 07/15/2015 01:30 PM, Auld, Will wrote:
> Sean,
>
> OK, moving thread to openstack-dev.
>
> We'd like to help with this work if there is more to do. What are the next steps and what areas need help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will

Thanks. Here is the current status:

Grenade has been updated to have a post-stack.sh stage, which is the
ability to call an arbitrary other script after it brings up the main
stack.sh. This provides the hook for devstack-gate to ask grenade to do
additional things. This is landed here -
https://github.com/openstack-dev/grenade/commit/eafab2b653a5133f4835b9709df0854a4de77791

There is a gate-grenade-dsvm-multinode up and running as experimental on
devstack-gate and grenade -
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/a987f4d81466f008e106f6f67e0d072dc0c525e2/jenkins/jobs/devstack-gate.yaml#L1896-L1926

There is a devstack-gate patch up for review -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/199091/. This now works for nova net
and partial update by upgrading everything on the main node, and not
touching the subnode after initial post-stack.sh.

Next Steps

* the devstack-gate patch needs real review, it hasn't gotten much of
that yet.
* move this out of experimental to check on devstack-gate
* extend this approach with neutron grenade multinode jobs

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net