[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Question about unique default hostname for node

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 22 09:42:39 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

@Sergii, it looks like you misunderstood something. `node-uuid` is not
a general use case. It's only about conflicting nodes, and I'm sure
everyone's going to change such a hostname in order to avoid
confusion.

@Andrew,

a) Database refuses hostnames that break unique constraint, sot it'll
work out-of-box.

b) I like this idea. I think refusing `node-id` where `id` is not
actually a node id is good idea. It solves our problem.

Thanks,
Igor