[openstack-dev] [CI] Jenkins jobs are not executed when setting up a new CI system.

Tang Chen tangchen at cn.fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 22 04:49:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

When I send a patch to gerrit, my zuul is notified, but jenkins jobs are
not run.

My CI always reports the following error:

Merge Failed.

This change was unable to be automatically merged with the current state of the repository. Please rebase your change and upload a new patchset.

I think, because the patch cannot be merged, the jobs are not run.

Referring to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Advanced_usage,I did update my master branch and make sure it is up-to-date. But it doesn't work.And other CIs from other companies didn't report this error.

And also, when zuul tries to get the patch from gerrit, it executes:

gerrit query --format json --all-approvals --comments --commit-message --current-patch-set --dependencies --files --patch-sets --submit-records 204337

When I try to execute it myself, it reports:    Permission denied (publickey).

I updated my ssh key, and uploaded the new public key to gerrit, but it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here ?

Thanks.