[openstack-dev] [Openstack] [Swift] Erasure coding reconstructor doesn't work

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Tue Jul 21 21:05:16 UTC 2015

Yes, it's supposed to work, but you've run in to some errors we've been finding and fixing. Right now the top priority for the Swift dev community is to take care of the outstanding EC issues and make a release.

The list of the known EC bugs right now is https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift/+bugs?field.tag=ec. You'll see that nearly all of them are handled, and the rest are being worked on. We will have them fixed and a new Swift release ASAP.

Specifically, I think you were hitting bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift/+bug/1469094 (or maybe https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift/+bug/1452619).

I'm so happy you're trying out erasure codes in Swift! That's exactly what we need to happen. As the docs say, it's still a "beta" feature. Please let us know what you find. Bug reports are very helpful, but even mailing list posts or dropping in the #openstack-swift channel in IRC is appreciated.

--John