[openstack-dev] [fuel][plugins] Ability of plugin to provision switches before node deployment

Evgeniy L eli at mirantis.com
Tue Jul 21 08:08:11 UTC 2015

Hi Steven, thank you for letting us know about your use case,

The problem is caused because since 6.1 release we run
part of network verification tasks before deployment [1], from
the code it can be seen, that this check is hardcoded [2], before
we send any deployment tasks, so we should figure out a way
to fix it.

Possible options:

1. run network verification us a part of deployment, somewhere
    in pre_deployment stage, between pre_deployment/4999 and
    pre_deployment/6000 [3], but it doesn't cover the case when user
    wants to just run network verification on Network tab

2. introduce new stage pre_network_verification which will be
    run before we start network verification, so you will be able
    to configure switches

Also I would like to notice, that role as a plugin feature which
will allow to change deployment graph of the core, will not help
here [4]. Because network verification is not a part of the graph.

Thanks,

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1439686
[2]
https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/commit/c4594fc2461f1cf66e580a07d32a869c3f25678d