[openstack-dev] [Neutron] HELP CONFIRM OR DISCUSS:create a port when network contain ipv4 subnets and ipv6 subnets, allocate ipv6 address to the port.

Robert Li (baoli) baoli at cisco.com
Mon Jul 20 17:06:35 UTC 2015

First of all, your network contains an IPv4 and an IPv6 SLAAC subnet.
Given the the definition of SLAAC, your port will receive an IPv6 address
from the Ipv6 subnet. On the other hand, if you want your network to have
both IPv6 and IPv4, and want to selectively assign either IPv4 or IPv6 to
your ports, you shouldn¹t use SLAAC, but DHCP stateful. Hope that this
helps.

‹Robert