[openstack-dev] [all] upcoming oslo library releases

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Jul 20 15:45:51 UTC 2015

This week we will be releasing 2.0 versions of oslo.config,
oslo.messaging, and oslo.utils. These are the last three libraries still
using the 'oslo' import namespace. The changes have been tested in the
gate as part of merging them into the libraries, and I have been running
unit tests for all of the consuming projects as I made the changes and
submitting patches as I found issues. I think we'll be fine, but I will
be standing by this week to help out if problems crop up.

If you start seeing errors in your unit tests locally about not
being able to import from "oslo" somehow, first update your git
tree and make sure your changes are rebased against the current
master branch of the project.

If that does not work, or you see the problems in a check job in
jenkins, please come to #openstack-oslo on IRC to report the issue.
Do not file a bug against the oslo library in question.

If you want to try to fix the issue yourself, the clean_oslo_namespaces.sh
script in oslo-incubator [1] should catch most things -- I've
recently started finding some mock.patch() calls that it doesn't
detect, but we were close enough to having these releases ready
that I didn't update the script.

Thanks,
Doug

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/oslo-incubator/tree/tools/clean_oslo_namespaces.sh