[openstack-dev] [fuel] NodeGroups vs network-templates and static routes

Sergey Vasilenko svasilenko at mirantis.com
Mon Jul 20 08:40:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Andrew Woodward <xarses at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regardless of computing all the routes, we need to compute same role, but
> multi-segement routes. In this case I see that nodegroups becomes
> redundant. It's only value is that it may be a simpler interface then
> templates but it imposes the old network topology which I could see people
> wanting to get away from.

I do not agree with unnecessary node groups.
Yes, move route calculation is a good idea and I think we should implement
it.

But removing node groups... When we will implement multi-rack feature we
will need some abstraction for store rack-specific attributes. Node groups
are seems appropriate for this role.

/sv