[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Tags, explain like I am five?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Sun Jul 19 23:37:49 UTC 2015

On Jul 16, 2015, at 4:13 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> I don't really like the idea of a popularity contest to define "HA" or
> "scales" -- anyone with a stake in the game and their cat will upvote or
> downvote for no reason. I prefer to define HA in clear terms and have
> some group maintain the tag across the set of projects.

Hmmm… I was thinking of concepts like restaurant or movie reviews: since those depend on the tastes of the reviewer, they may or may not match your tastes. So we might consider tags that are backed by different groups of operators, each of whom may have a completely different environment. New operators coming into OpenStack will soon recognize which tags are relevant to their environment, and give them much more credence when it comes to evaluating the state of the various projects.

-- Ed Leafe